Monday, July 14, 2008

through the door

Ok....so I went and re-read my post "a fallen world" while I don't take back most of that, I do feel a little silly after reading it again. I was angry about my job. I have FINALLY given my anger to Jesus to deal with and I have come out the other side stronger. In light of Eternity, this Job is a small thing. But I have let it change me I think. I had high aspirations to make the world a better place, starting at Richardson pool. While that may not have happened the way I planned, I still think that God was able to use me through that situation.

Update on that though: I quit my job. I put in my resignation for the end of this month and 31 July is my last day. Part of me is really sad, but unfortunately it is what it is. So I am done at that facility, but I am looking for a job a little closer to Joel so that we can carpool. I don't look back on this experience and think it was bad. Like I said in my last post, I feel as though God has taught me a lot about myself and my strengths and weaknesses. I love the saying when one door closes another opens because I really feel like this will open a lot more doors for me, spiritually, emotionally and relationally.

So I finished my book: Merle's Door. Great. Again, that's all I can say. It was so sad of course-all dog memoirs end with the dog going down that long walk into the light, and I bawled my eyes out. But it was so great. Everytime I finished I wanted to move to Wyoming and buy a farm and let Duke just run free. If you can't tell, I love my dog.

No comments: